As leaders in school systems, fellows play a significant role in the education of tens of thousands of children. Because of this, we are looking for leaders with at least two years of full-time teaching experience who embody our core values and have the foundational tools to prepare for this leadership charge.
There is no minimum number of years of work experience. To date, fellows have averaged 15 years of work experience upon entering the Fellowship and have begun teaching as recently as 2010.
Additionally, successful fellows also possess the following traits:
- Track record of demonstrated, measurable positive impact on students
- Clearly articulated vision and motivation for school systems leadership
- Proven ability to lead and manage adults
- Proven ability to achieve positive outcomes in culturally diverse environments - and the desire to lead in culturally diverse environments while working effectively and respectfully across lines of difference
- Ability to constantly improve, persevere, and solve complex challenges
- Self-confidence, maturity, and exceptional communication skills
- Applications for the 2018 Cohort will be available in early 2018. Please reach out to Beau Gallegos with any questions about the application process.