As leaders in school systems, fellows play a significant role in the education of tens of thousands of children. Because of this, we are looking for Teach For America alumni who embody our core values and have the foundational tools to prepare for this leadership charge.
There is no minimum number of years of work experience. To date, fellows have averaged 15 years of work experience upon entering the Fellowship and have ranged in corps years from 1990 through 2009.
Additionally, successful fellows also possess the following traits:
- Track record of demonstrated, measurable positive impact on students
- Clearly articulated vision and motivation for school systems leadership
- Proven ability to lead and manage adults
- Proven ability to achieve positive outcomes in culturally diverse environments - and the desire to lead in culturally diverse environments while working effectively and respectfully across lines of difference
- Ability to constantly improve, persevere, and solve complex challenges
- Self-confidence, maturity, and exceptional communication skills
- Applications for the 2017 Cohort are currently available. Please reach out to Beau Gallegos with any questions about the application process.